Here are our easy top tips for dust mite control:
- washing sheets and pillow cases weekly in water hotter than 55oC
- covering mattress, pillow and quilt with resistant dust mite proof bedding specifically developed and tested to prevent dust mites entering, or leaving, the bedding.
- either throw out the old pillow or cover with dust mite pillow covers
- cover mattress with a dust mite mattress protector
- wash dust mites bedding every 2-4 months
- Silk doonas can be a beneficial addition to your allergy free bedding range as dust mites do not like silk.
- removing soft toys or hot washing them weekly or freezing them overnight
- dusting hard floors and surfaces with a damp or electrostatic cloth
- cleaning carpets weekly using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter
- manage dust and reduce dust mite allergy symptoms
- use appropriate furnishings
- maintain indoor humidity with a dehumidifier making the indoor environment drier
- encase mattress, doona and pillows with dust mites covers.
- clean effectively with environmentally safe cleaning products.
- avoid furry and feathered pets, as well as feather and down pillows which may harbour dust mites.
- reduce pollen exposure by closing windows at peak times around dawn and dusk, preventing another food source
So, what’s it like at your place?
Our passion comes from pure necessity that we can all live natural and healthy lives, we can all contribute to human wellbeing and preservation and determine the future health of our children and their environment tomorrow.
As a result of working with us, women and their families thrive, work places and their personnel prosper, mouldy / chemical / electrical sensitive occupants heal. They’re healthier, they’re alert, they’re happier, more relaxed, more productive, and enjoying life.
Together we bring about healthy indoor environments and create rooms that provide calmness, healthy sleep, relaxation and restored energy for you and your family, create workplaces that provide ideal personnel attendance and elevated productivity.
By returning indoor spaces to more natural conditions, we strengthen you and your family and your personnel’s mind, body and spirit. It’s nice that it also sustains our planet’s ecology, you’d agree.
Towards healthier living Carol Parr ♥
PS: Check out our latest enterprises here: