Are You Allergic to Dust Mites?

How do you become allergic to dust mites?

An allergy is an over reaction of your immune system to a normally harmless substance called an allergen. If you are allergic to dustmite, you are sensitive to a very common inhaled allergen trigger – house dustmite and its faeces.

On your first exposure, the inhaled allergen enters the nasal passages lined with mucous membrane.

Here the allergen is taken up by the antigen presenting cell which presents it to the T cells, recognising the allergen as a foreign body.

These T cells instruct the B cells, type of white blood cell, to release antibodies called IgE (immunoglobulin E) against the allergen.

On exposure, the allergen binds to the IgE antibodies present on the mast cells, cross linking them. T cells, B cells and mast cells combine to ignite the body’s immune system response to an allergen.

When you are re-exposed to the same allergen, it attaches itself to antibodies that are stuck outside the mast cells.

And the result? Your annoying allergy symptoms including nasal stuffiness, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and mucous discharge of allergic rhinitis, wheezing and shortness of breath, unable to stop coughing, hives, headache and fatigue.

So, what’s it like at your place?

Our passion comes from pure necessity that we can all live natural and healthy lives, we can all contribute to human wellbeing and preservation and determine the future health of our children and their environment tomorrow.

As a result of working with us, women and their families thrive, work places and their personnel prosper, mouldy / chemical / electrical sensitive occupants heal. They’re healthier, they’re alert, they’re happier, more relaxed, more productive, and enjoying life.

Together we bring about healthy indoor environments and create rooms that provide calmness, healthy sleep, relaxation and restored energy for you and your family, create workplaces that provide ideal personnel attendance and elevated productivity.

By returning indoor spaces to more natural conditions, we strengthen you and your family and your personnel’s mind, body and spirit. It’s nice that it also sustains our planet’s ecology, you’d agree.

PS: Check out our latest enterprises here:

www.facebook.com/MiteyFresh/ and here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/carolparr

Author Signature for Posts

We’re glad you’re here. We’re Carol and Tony, founders of one of the longest running Healthy Home Blogs in the world, Mitey Fresh Australia. We’ve been on this journey for the last 25 years and are passionate about helping families sift through health hazards and triggers like allergens, mould, water damage, chemicals and EMFs, to get clarity about what’s toxic and what’s not so they can create a healthy and happy home for their family they love. Each month, people visit this blog seeking focus on the health and wellbeing of their loved ones, sustainable and effective practice tips and guides, to help create and manage healthier indoor spaces, improve the built environment that is pleasing to the senses and support healthy living and nature, every day. Starting this blog was to help change people’s lives, one family at a time, and we can’t wait to share how its allowed us to stand next to you and show you how interpreting these synergies between buildings and the environment they are built in will impact upon the health and well-being of those who occupy them. Find out more about Healthy Homes and what this blog can do for you!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shopping Cart