How to put an Allergy Free Dust Mite Cover onto Your Mattress
Mitey Fresh demonstrates how to put an Allergy Free Dust Mite Cover onto Your Mattress. Mitey Fresh Dust Mite Covers totally encase your mattress. They are tested and proven to protect your family from dust mites and allergens.
The cover used in the video is a Mite-Guard dust mite cover – which you can buy from us here.
1. Make sure you have a friend to help you. Ensure the mattress is completely bare and unmade.
2. With your friend standing opposite, lift mattress and slide off base. Rest mattress standing upright on floor at foot of bed.
3. Place dust mite cover on head end and pull cover down carefully over mattress.
Make sure to centre the seam with the edge of the mattress.
4. Place the mattress back onto the bed base, exposing the foot end with open cover.
5. Bring the zipper carefully around the edge to enclose the mattress. Protip: Keep your finger under the zipper to guide it and ensure it doesn’t catch.
6. Slide mattress back into position and smooth out creases.
7. Use your own fitted sheet and other decorative covers over the top to finish making the bed.
Other Notes: For extra comfort, you can place an underlay underneath the dust mite cover, to ensure protection from dust mite matter in the underlay.
Creates a barrier between you and dust mite allergens, 3.5 micron pore size, 100% cotton cover, no bleaches, no dyes providing continual night time protection, tested and proven effective. Adjustable pillow with polyester balls that can be removed or added to, simply wash in hot water, 5 year manufacturers warranty. Suitable for young children, teenagers and adults. Perfect for healthy, natural sleep and allergy, asthma and eczema sufferers. Made in New Zealand. Recommended by our Building Biologist.