One of the most common causes to allergies is dust mites.
Dust mites are tiny eight legged creatures that are typically too small to see with the naked eye. Most homes have dust mites and a single gram of dust may have hundreds or more dustmites in it.
Dust mites feed on human skin cells that humans shed, as well as animal dander, mould, bacteria and pollen. Because they absorb water in the air and from the environment, they do not drink water, they thrive in warm environments with a high humidity.
Since dustmite feed on human skin flakes and dander, they are often present in mattresses, pillows, carpets, upholstered furniture, bed covers, clothes, stuffed toys, and fabric and fabric covered items. Although dust mites do not bite people, their body parts and droppings can cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma in individuals who are sensitive to exposure to dust mites. Children’s exposure to dust mites is believed to be an important factor causing asthma in children who have not previously exhibited asthma symptoms.
Fortunately, there are actions people can take to minimise exposure to dust mites. They include the following:
- Keep the humidity level indoors below 50% relative humidity if possible
- Keep dust levels to a minimum
- Wash bedding in hot water once a week and dry completely
- Replace feather pillows with synthetic ones
- Use dust mite proof covers on pillows and mattresses
- Vacuum carpets and furniture every week with a vacuum with High Efficiency Particulate HEPA filter and Power head
- and choose stuffed toys that can be washed in hot water, and dry completely before child plays with them.
- There are also dust mite testing kits and professional consulting services available to people concerned about dustmites.
These are just a few things to know about dustmite. To find out more about dust mites, contact Mitey Fresh TODAY!
So, what’s it like at your place?
Our passion comes from pure necessity that we can all live natural and healthy lives, we can all contribute to human wellbeing and preservation and determine the future health of our children and their environment tomorrow.
As a result of working with us, women and their families thrive, work places and their personnel prosper, mouldy / chemical / electrical sensitive occupants heal. They’re healthier, they’re alert, they’re happier, more relaxed, more productive, and enjoying life.
Together we bring about healthy indoor environments and create rooms that provide calmness, healthy sleep, relaxation and restored energy for you and your family, create workplaces that provide ideal personnel attendance and elevated productivity.
By returning indoor spaces to more natural conditions, we strengthen you and your family and your personnel’s mind, body and spirit. It’s nice that it also sustains our planet’s ecology, you’d agree.
Towards healthier living,
Carol Parr ♥
PS: Check out our latest enterprises here: